RESTORATION COUNSELING SERVICE MEDIA PAGE
Please enjoy this selection of media content that we hope will help you
to understand your relationships better and learn to thrive in them.
(click on any title/link for more information)
- Alcohol (The 12-step "Big Book")[+]Just about everyone knows someone who has been adversely effected by alcoholism AND someone who has recovered with the help of Alcoholics Anonymous. The "Big Book" is the book that Alcoholics Anonymous is founded on and the book that has helped millions of alcoholics to find freedom from the grip of alcohol.
Use the following link for FREE access to The Big Book:
http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline (About 180 pages)
- Pornography (accountability software & free eBooks)[+]We have read many of the eBooks that Covenant Eyes has produced and they are the best books on the subject of pornography that we have seen! They are that good. Pornography does rewire your brain, and not in a good way. The books and resources available through Covenant Eyes will teach you how it happens and help you with ways to recover. We have recommended their resources to many people.
Use the following link for a FREE download of The Porn Circuit:
http://www.covenanteyes.com/e-books/?idev_id=321 (About 45 pages)
- Life Lessons - Sowing and Reaping (video)[+]The Law of Sowing and Reaping (lesson 1)
In this video, Nicole teaches parents how to implement appropriate consequences to children for their behavior. Life is full of benefits and consequences, teaching our children how the world actually works will allow them to be much healthier and happier as adults.
Parenting is tough, let us help. (About 13 minutes)
- Pornography Prevention for Families (ebook)[+]Sexual predators are everywhere and there is no better place for them to sneak up on our children than online. Being preventative on this front can save years of heartache and confusion. Children are not yet mature enough to sort out what porn can do to them, but they are still vulnerable enough to be ensnared by it.
Use the following link for a FREE download of Protecting Your Family Online:
http://www.covenanteyes.com/learn-to-protect-your-family-with-this-free-how-to-guide/?idev_id=321 (About 180 pages)
- UNFILTERED: Parent Workshop (DVD)[+]The porn industry spends billions of dollars trying to ensnare our children into pornography. How should parents arm themselves to deal with this onslaught? The UNFILTERED DVD workshop hold the answers.
Use the following link to find out more about UNFILTERED:
http://www.covenanteyes.com/prepare-family-world-without-filters/?idev_id=321 (About 30 pages)
- When Your Child is Looking at Porn (ebook)[+]We have read many of the eBooks that Covenant Eyes has produced and they are the best books on the subject of pornography that we have seen! They are that good. Pornography does rewire your brain, and not in a good way. The books and resources available through Covenant Eyes will teach you how it happens and help you with ways to recover. We have recommended their resources to many people.
Use the following link for a FREE download of When Your Child is Looking at Porn:
http://www.covenanteyes.com/when-your-child-is-looking-at-porn/?idev_id=321 (About 30 pages)
- Five Love Languages (video)[+]Dr. Gary Chapman is an expert at understanding relationships AND helping others to do the same. Learning about the 5 Love Languages has changed many couples relationships for the better. This short video explains how it works. Then visit www.5LoveLanguages.com to take the free survey. (About 3 minutes)
- It's Not About the Nail (video)[+]This video is about understanding a man's need to fix things and a woman's need to simply be heard and affirmed. These two needs are often juxtaposed in a relationship in ways that cause immeasurable tension. This films creator, Jason Headley, brilliantly exposes this concept and allows us to laugh at our differences, which ultimately leads to greater acceptance and understanding. (About 2 minutes)
- Marriage Hacks (ebook)[+]TYLER WARD’s writings have been enjoyed by millions of readers and is a regular contributor to Relevant Magazine, the Huffington Post, and The Blaze. His articles on lifestyle, marriage, and religion led him to releasing his first book, Marriage Rebranded: Modern Misconceptions & the Unnatural Art of Loving Another Person.
Marriage is an increasingly unnatural and confusing thing for many couples today. In light of this, Tyler Ward recently asked 25 leaders for their single best marriage advice. The level of insight and wisdom he received is guaranteed to help many navigate this uniquely beautiful relationship called marriage. It’s a great book!
Use the following link for a FREE download of Marriage Hacks (tip requested):
http://books.noisetrade.com/tylerward/marriage-hacks (170 pages)
- Prepare/Enrich for Pre-Marital Counseling (video)[+]The Prepare/Enrich system allows our counselors an amazing head-start with your premarital counseling needs. Instead of taking months to get to know you to serve you best, an online survey helps our counselors to know you and your spouse and allows them to assist you in 12 areas of marital compatibility. We have been using this system for over 10 years now. We love it and every one of our clients who has used it loves it as well!
- The Marriage God Intended (audio)[+]This is an audio recording of a seminar that Brad and Tami Miller taught at the Spring 2013 Marriage Retreat at Hume Lake. They cover 3 topics (love, intimacy, and communication) from a wife's point of view and and also from a husband's point of view. They have received many positive comments on their unique teaching style that captures the attention of both men and women. This has helped men to better understand their wives and wives to better understand their husbands.
Mission accomplished! Enjoy. (About 60 minutes)